[WT-support] Laurent I have a few suggestion and help needed in the database use in different contest since the iota one...

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jul 30 11:35:13 CEST 2007

Hi Phil

PO a écrit :

> ** 1 **    I found after looking at the file IOTA test was using that it
> was not very helpful in call recognition… guess iota was ok but not
> usefull to me,
>
>              I decided to discard the iota … by moving it out of the
> main directory this way master.dtb tool the place by default to my supprise…
>
>             Would it be possible to have both call recognition and
> guessing database selectable in a drop down window   and  both
> enterlaced for the job.

I guess you mean "Check partial" and "N+1" by "call recognition" ???

*PLEASE*, every WT window is named, and use this name in your reports,
questions, suggestions, etc. ! Even if you don't like the wording, it is
much clearer for us to understand what you're talking abt...

So, you want a file to be used to Check Partial/N+1 and a different one
for Exchange guessing ?

No problem, it is already implemented ;-)

You just have to use an IOTA.SCP or an IOTA.DTA file for the Check
Partial/N+1. Please read
http://download.win-test.com/files/checkPartial/%23_READ_ME_%23.TXT for
further information. Note that you can even a different file for every
band and/or mode.

> ** 2 **    I found that searching, and setting many options  like ( ex:
> CW keying after 3 or 4 characters..) and many others was a waste of time
> and manipulation…
>
>             ALL change should be available from the MENU BAR icons with
> either drop down menu or even  TOGGLE ICONS.
>
>             I have spent some time on WT and I find that it would be
> possible to run the contest controls faster if we leave the mouse for
> minimum screen use…
>
>             I would like to be have USER selectable  shorcuts for all
> the settings in Wintest that are often change with SPEEDY macro buttons
> on the menu bar.

(snip)

1/ AFAIK, most of these settings are modified very rarely while
"contesting".

2/ Most of them already have a shortcut or/and a text command. Please
check these two links :

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Text_commands
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Keys

(BTW, tnx to N6TV who recently reorganized these wiki pages)

Check also the release file. Some "speedy tricks" are described into too.