[WT-support] Wintest faults observed in IARU

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 07:35:40 CEST 2007

GM Laurent,

>> 4, In the DX-cluster announcement window the spots from the other mode often overpopulate the window (if u let non-mults passing through) while these may not be worked.

> I don't get it. In IARU contest, if you enter in M/S you must enter as
Mixed mode. Thus, it looks normal to me to get spots in both modes. It
is even useful to  consider a band/mode change. Please, elaborate your
complaint...

You have the option to see all relevant spots or only the ones from the current band which gives you focus. In MO your mode/changes are limited, therefore the spots from the other mode do the same as the others you have already filtered out would do - reduce your focus.

Mode changes in some contests for MOs are treated the same as band changes.

73!

zoli ha1ag

PS: Re: modified cty file I fail to understand why the core functionality of a contest SW is provided via a modified cty file as a sort of footnote but I noted.