[WT-support] Wintest and export in EDI - Bug?

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Jul 25 12:12:59 CEST 2007

Hi Chris

Chris Libowitzky, oe3li wrotte:

> In most EU-VUSHF Contest Modes are specified in the invitation/rules, as
> these are "MultiMode" - but not "AllMode"
> with i.e. IARU-REG.1 VHF- and -UHF/SHF Contests Modes: CW, SSB, FM (w. some
> waivers for mm-Wave entries)

As said in one of my previous email (in reply to the Braco question),
the mode tag in the REG1TEST file can be left blank -- according to the
REG1TEST specs -- if it is not important, ie if the mode is not relevant
for scoring.

In addition, the IARU VHF Handbook (chap 4.8.12), states the required
informations in the logsheets, which are: Date, Time, Callsigns,
Reports, Locator and points. As you can see, Mode is not in that list.

> Please see also VHF-Handbook www.iaru-r1.org/VHF_Handbook_V5_21.pdf or ask
> ref-union.org commission des concours. See there also for the valid DISTANCE
> EVALUATION

Next version will comes with a modified calculated distance, according
to the IARU rules: distance in kms is now truncated to an integer value
and 1 km is added.

Olivier / f5mzn