[WT-support] Development of WT

Chris Tran ZL1CT zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sat Jul 21 22:18:31 CEST 2007

Hello all

It is interesting how many new contesters are using WT but have never used
CT - good to see a new generation coming through. For me, WT is 'CT with
colour' but of course it is much more sophisticated.

I may be a lone voice here (I often am!) - has the time come to (a) either
archive more previous versions of WT or (b) slow down development ?
Obviously new radios need support, but I worry that bugs which affect the
underlying functionality of the software - for CW and SSB contesting - might
be the down-side of keeping fully up-to-date with the stream of requests for
other functions/contests/supported devices.

Just a couple of observations from our ZL1V entry in IARU last weekend :
Didn't work = 'tell me when I am spotted' and 'alphabetical order for HQs'
also when you tab/sb to an automatically-guessed zone number, the cursor
goes to the left digit not the right, so you usually need 2 key strokes to
correct it, not one.

73
Chris  ZL1CT / GM3WOJ