[WT-support] IARU quirks with 3.11

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jul 16 10:27:40 CEST 2007

Hi Bob and all

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> On 7/15/07, *Dick Dievendorff* <dieven at comcast.net

>     Also, the "Delete QSO" function isn't particularly clear as to which
>     QSO it's going to
>     delete. I clicked on a QSO in the log, then Edit-Delete QSO.  I was
>     warned that the
>     deletion was permanent.  But what QSO did I delete?  The one I
>     clicked on was still in
>     the log.  Did I lose my last QSO?
>

> First, clicking doesn't move the blinking red cursor (that's by design,
> and I hope it stays that way).  To move the cursor, use the Up/Down
> arrows or the Page Up/Page Down keys.  The QSO with the cursor will be
> deleted.
>
> I agree that the delete QSO feature would be a lot safer to use if it
> displayed something like "Are you sure you want to permanently delete
> QSO #123 with W6XYZ")?

Actually, we do not recommand to delete QSO, but rather replace the
callsign of those QSO with your own callsign. Especially when running WT
in Multi operation. And it is usually much quicker ;-)   After the
contest, if you want to "clean" your log, use the File / Clean log...
function in which you can remove all these entries.

Nevertheless, as this command exists, we noted your suggestion.

(snip)

> CT has OPON and OPOFF and a separate file that tracks it, but since it's
> impossible to get everyone to log in and log out precisely at the time
> of operator changeover, it is one of the least useful and least used
> features of CT, as far as I can tell.

We intend to introduce "roaming profiles" someday. Not precisely to know
"who worked who", but rather to allow each op to get his/her settings
from one machine to another in a multi-op environment.

(snip)

> (CT has a DEFINEKEY command):

WT too ;-)

FYI, all text commands are listed here :

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Text_commands

(snip)

> You're asking WinTest for a "Smart Enter" key that does something
> different depending on what "mode" you are in, like TRlog.  I'd prefer
> to have the Enter key always do the same thing.  Human Engineering
> textbooks say it is generally best to have one function per key, where
> possible, for ease of use (and ease of learning).  Problems occur if the
> computer is is one mode and the operator is in another. :-)

Actually, some users are requesting this feature, mostly because they
used it on other software. To be honest, we (F5MZN and myself) are
pretty reluctant for the same reasons you clearly described. But, still,
it may be introduced someday (maybe on the occasion of a major release).