[WT-support] IARU quirks with 3.11

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:02:19 CEST 2007

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> You're asking WinTest for a "Smart Enter" key that does something
> different depending on what "mode" you are in, like TRlog.  I'd prefer
> to have the Enter key always do the same thing.  Human Engineering
> textbooks say it is generally best to have one function per key, where
> possible, for ease of use (and ease of learning).

The suggestions in the Human Engineering textbooks are fine when you are
designing a system that is intended to be used by a large number of people, and
minimizing the training time is important. However, if your goal is to maximize
performance for the expert user, having one function per key may not be optimal.
  Hence, the (repeated) request for Enter-sends-message capability in Win-Test.

73,
Steve, N2IC