[WT-support] Can't get rig control working

Rudolf Schwenger rudolf.schwenger at t-online.de
Sat Jul 14 10:29:02 CEST 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dick Dievendorff
  To: support at win-test.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:29 AM
  Subject: [WT-support] Can't get rig control working

  I'm trying to get radio control working with my Icom 7800, a microHAM microKEYER and WinTest.

  The microHAM Device Router (version 4.0.10) is talking to the rig.

  When I start the N1MM logger, I'm getting the correct rig interaction with N1MM.

  So I believe the rig, microKEYER and Device Router are working correctly.

  I'm asking WinTest to talk to COM3 (the virtual port I've configured the microHAM router for the rig), I've identified my rig as an ICOM 7800, and I'm using the same 9600 N 2 setting as N1MM and the device router have.

  WinTest doesn't seem to be able to figure out the frequency my radio is on.

  I'm using the Options - Configure Interfaces. menu choice to get the Interfaces configuration page.

  I've clicked COM3, set it to Radio 1, 9600-N-2.

  I've set the Radio 1 transceivers to IC-7800 and have "Use CI-V transceiver" set.  My rig is at address 6A 9600 baud.

  Winkey on COM5, which goes through the same microHAM router into the microKEYER seems to be working fine.

  Any suggestions?  I can use N1MM again, but I thought I'd like to use the new Win-Test logger I just bought if I can get it working right.

  Thanks & 73 de Dick, K6KR

  Hi Dick,

  I'm using exactly the same setup you described and have no problems whatsoever. Main problem in your configuration seems to be the 9K6 setting for the radio. ICOM traditionally always uses 1K2.

  Here is my configuration:

  IC-7800:
  CI-V Baud rate: 1200
  CI-V Address: 6Ah
  Here is the way you can change this:
  (1) Press exit/set to reach the set mode menue
  (2) Press F5 "OTHERS"
  (3) Mark "CI-V Baudrate"
  (4) Adjust with main tuning knob to 1200

  USB-Device Router of microKEYER:

  I have defined virtual COM ports as follows
  COM 5 "Radio 1" 1200 8N1
  COM 7 "other interface" 9600 8N1 CW PTT for the footswitch
  COM 8 "WINKEY" 9600 8N1

  Furthermore I've marked "Use CI-V transceive"

  It would be a pleasure if I could have been of any help to you.

    vy 73 de Rudolf, DJ3WE