[WT-support] Can't get rig control working

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Jul 14 11:38:51 CEST 2007

Dick Dievendorff wrote:

> I’m asking WinTest to talk to COM3 (the virtual port I’ve configured the
> microHAM router for the rig), I’ve identified my rig as an ICOM 7800,
> and I’m using the same 9600 N 2 setting as N1MM and the device router have.

You should try 9600-N-1 instead, with DTR and RTS to always OFF.

You should also set your rig with the "CI-V" active, and have the same
in the "Configure Interface" dialog box in Win-Test.

Note that Microham Device router has a powerfull tool to trace the
communication between the software and the radio. Just click on the
"set" button associated with the "Control" setting in the "Ports" tab.

> I’ve set the Radio 1 transceivers to IC-7800 and have “Use CI-V
> transceiver” set.  My rig is at address 6A 9600 baud.

That is correct. I confirm that WT uses the 6A address for the IC7800.

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn