[WT-support] sound card idea

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Tue Jul 10 12:14:11 CEST 2007

Hi all...we have been testing a sound card interface for the past couple weeks with some really good success...its a device called a RASCAL and its sold by K4ABT..price is approx $37 US and comes in kit form...takes approx 1 hour to assemble and wire up...I use 4800-n-2 for baud rate and OTHER as interface on comm2 port...with the Heil headsets...the audio available is quite good....this is a fairly low price solution to interfacing your mike with the sound card for Win-Test...

While we are dreaming here...would like a NAQP version that would be modifiable for the GAQSO party..ie let me edit the county/state files and just use the NAQP shell....it would need to support the bands of the GAQP...scoring is done by the GAQP team so not as necessary as logging in multi-multi environment..just dreaming here!

Win-Test has been the single most technological leap for our M-M team in the past 10 years!

de Rick nq4i