[WT-support] WPX RTTY serial numbers

Patrick Egloff pegloff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:19:56 CET 2007

OK thanks Larry,

After some investigations, i found out what happened.

1) when we started the contest, we did not take care of the category in the
setup window and started in mono-op.
2) At 1156 UT the next day (or a bit before) , we had a crash and a operator
restarted WT. In the setup window he saw that we were not in the right
category and he changed it to multi-single. He did not know about the
separate serial rules, me either !
3) He made 2 more qso on the same band until 1158UT and he made a band
change and first qso on new band w just before 1200 UT. So numbering of
serials continued with the next serial given to the last qso of the new band
(because WT detected a category change ....)
4) The op noticed after a while that we had a wrong numbering...
5) I changed the serial number of the last qso and by chance we stayed on
the same band until we stopped the contest , around 1645UT, so no
more problems were detected !!

So Murphy knocked again....

As you mentionend, nothing is written in the rules for the serials in multi
single. So our continuous serials in multi single can't be declared invalid
.. I'm i wrong ??
Not very serious for such a contest to forget such an important point, or
did i miss something written between lines or white on white ?

I hope i was clear enough ?

Sorry....

73, Patrick.

2007/2/12, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr>:

> Hi all
>
> As I previously warned, WT processed the WPX RTTY the same way as the
> WPX CW or Phone.
>
> It means that scoring is wrong (already repoted and already fixed in our
> dvpt trunk), and the serial numbering is wrong for M/2 category.
>
> Currently, in accordance with the WPX SSB and CW rules, WT uses a
> numbering PER BAND for all multi-op categories (M/S, M/2 and M/M). This
> already has been discussed on this list *and* with the CQ WPX committee
> last year, and AFAIK, everything went fine.
>
> The only problem that arose this WE (CQ WPX RTTY 2007 rules), is that
> M/2 category requires a numbering PER TRANSMITTER. This has been fixed
> in our dvpt trunk, but too late to be applied in the last release.
>
> AFAIK, the WPX RRTY rules *do not* state anything abt the serial
> numbering for the M/S category. Thus, we will keep a numbering PER BAND
> for the M/S and M/M categories.
>
> Abt the score, once the next version will be released, you will just
> have to reload your file and it will be automagically rescored.
>
> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY

Patrick Egloff - TK5EP
email : pegloff at gmail.com