[WT-support] WT and Winkey

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 9 17:27:57 CET 2007

Hello Rudy, I apologise if my comments came across as abrasive. Yes, the
development team are doing a great job and there are many aspects of WT
which I really like. My comments were more aimed at needing at least an
acknowledgment than actual implementation. It is difficult to know if a
bug raised has been added to the list and allocated a number. I guess I
got used to the N1MM system! Simon M0CLW, who I know, commented that the
fact I saw my own posting indicates it is being looked at. That isn't a
very professional approach!

I have raised a number of problems with WT / WinKey / mHam Router
interface and I am pleased that these are being addressed as I wasn't
sure. I have asked for two other points to be added to the list. I will
need to add another one which I have now find twice on the latest
version. I guess whilst ever I am experiencing these problems I am not
able to move on and learn about the other good facilities.

Regarding speeding up/down, yes I agree it is a personal choice, which
is why I would prefer to see it not as default. Enough on that one!!

In conclusion just to say that I operated in the FOC Marathon last
weekend and despite the poor HF conditions (why only at a weekend?!)
made 824 Qs over 6 bands. Apart from the interface problems I have
raised WT performed excellently with rapid moves around, sometimes 6
bands in less than two minutes. It was a pleasure to use. The GUI is
also very good in that respect. That makes about 1700 contest Qs so far
this year.

Vy 73   Chris G3SJJ