[WT-support] WT and Winkey

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Fri Feb 9 21:15:07 CET 2007

Hi Chris,

> My comments were more aimed at needing at least an acknowledgment than
> actual implementation.  It is difficult to know if a bug raised has
> been added to the list and allocated a number. I

Then I suggest using the flyspray bug tracking system.
<http://flyspray.win-test.com/>

All issues there are listed and so they won't be forgotten :)

on the other hand: all Issues on the list do come to the win-test team
and I haven't yet seen the case that an really important issue has not
been solved - some minor issues might take longer - of course.

> Simon M0CLW, who I know, commented that the fact I saw my own posting
> indicates it is being looked at. That isn't a very professional approach!

well, it depends on Your point of view.

some thoughs of my QRL:
I did work with small teams - they used a mail reflector, you just
subscribed top it and mailed the problem there. If you got the mail
back it indicated that the reflector worked and Your mail came "technically"
through. And the small team did resolve every problem

And I did work with some very big companiesand they used a Ticket System.
And often I only got back a automatick ticket response, but had to call
by phone days later to get my answer.

So I personally prefer a team that is doing the work - regardless whether
they use a ticket system, a bug tracker or a mailing list.

> I have raised a number of problems with WT / WinKey / mHam Router interface
> and I am pleased that these are being addressed as I wasn't sure.

usually all problems mentioned here are addressed - even if this might
seem unusual for you.

maybe a small additional hint: for different problems, you should use
different mails. e.g. if there are two problems with WinKey -> one mail,
but if there is another problem with the multiplier window -> second mail.

So the original mail and replies to that mail (from other users as from
the developers itself) are easily ordered by a good mail program. I can
understand that one can use this as a very simple kind of "todo list".

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/