[WT-support] WT and Winkey

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 7 17:37:45 CET 2007

Is there any progress on making WT work correctly with Winkey yet?

I was operating in the FOC Marathon last weeeknd and had really bad
problems. It is still very unstable. At one stage I had closed the
computer down during a rest period. On rebooting at 0600, it took me 30
minutes to get to a stable situation, consequently I missed some
importna pre-sunrise DX QSOs. At first, keying from the paddles
connected to mHam Keyer was normal, but when I pressed an F key, CW was
sent to the PC loudspeaker instead of keying the radio, re-booting and
reopening WT produced the same situation. Eventually I got to stage when
WT was keying the radio correctly, but the speed variation between
internal CW and via mH Keyer was again apparent. It is not good
operating practice to transmit the character  '  when changing speed up
or down using Alt F9/10. Also at times to would just send the first
character of the F key message. eg F instead of FOC G3SJJ G3SJJ FOC.

I am now setting up for RSGB 1.8MHz Contest, and again the  '  character
is transmitted at Alt F9/10. In independent speed both speeds are
currently set to 30wpm. The computer speed is correct whilst paddle sent
speed is much slower. Adjusting the speed knob so that the speeds are
the same shows 30 and 34.

Earlier in this test session if I sent on the paddle and then hit an F
Key nothing happened, as I reported after CQWW. Now, if I send a paddle
message then hit an F key the first character is dropped. EG (Paddle)
Pete    (Computer)  NN  instead of 5NN, or Est instead of Test. This
only appears to happen when there is nothing in the callsign field.

I am now at the stage when using WT is more of a liability than an asset
and each time I run the program I ask myself what new features I will find!!

73 Chris G3SJJ