[WT-support] Re: Win-test and FT2000

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Feb 7 19:51:09 CET 2007

John Warburton G4IRN wrote:
> - If I select Don't Poll, the results are the same.
> - If I directly enter KHz into the callsign field, it works as expected,
> ie VFO A QSY's to the desired fq with no split.
>
> I have an oberservation:
>
> If I double click on the bandspot, the radio goes into split and VFO B
> stays on the frequency it is tuned to (as previously specified).
> If I double click a SECOND time on the bandspot, the split disappears
> and VFO A becomes tx and Rx on the correct frequency.

I think I got it!

When you double-click on the bandmap, Win-Test sends the frequency to
the FT-2000 followed by a FT0; protocol.

According to the CAT operating manual, this FT0; protocol would set the
TX Focus to the VFO-A of the FT-2000 (and FTDX-9000). Thanks to some
tests I have done with some of you and to your reports, my guess was
that this protocal was rather toggling the active like a front panel
button...

This is well confirmed by W3YY on his website: "Setting which VFO
transmits is a bit tricky. You can't just send "FT0;" or "FT1;" to set
which VFO transmits. If VFO A is currently the transmit VFO and you send
"FT0;" it toggles to VFO B. Same for "FT1;". So, you have to check first
to see which VFO is currently active before sending the FT command.
Sending this command for either VFO A or B is the same as pressing the
TX button for VFO A or B, i.e., it is a toggle effect.". Thank you for
pointing this out, Robert!

Well, stay tuned guys!

Bcc: to W3YY to let him know that his information was really usefull!

Olivier / f5mzn