[WT-support] Win-Test at KC1XX

K1GQ k1gq at mac.com
Sat Dec 8 22:59:52 CET 2007

On Dec 8, 2007, at 15:41 , Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2007 11:59 AM, K1GQ <k1gq at mac.com> wrote:
>
> (1) Control of radio frequency when operating split is severely
> broken.
>
> Can you be a little more specific?  Are you using the [-] (minus) key?

Bug report 159. Is that specific enough?

> See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Commands#Split_frequency

No need to reference the manual; I'm one of those "read the manual
twice before unpacking" types.

> (2) Response time in setting radio frequency is too slow.
>
> What model of radio are you controlling?  Direct COM ports or
> MicroHam?  What parameters did you use in the SETUP configuration
> menu?  For my FT-1000MPs connected directly to serial ports, freq.
> change is instantaneous.

Orion, Orion II, both direct serial port connection and via
MicroKEYER, Windows XP Pro. Tried with polling turned on and turned
off, polling interval set to minimum, and experimented with process
priority. Only the polling interval seemed to have an effect, and not
enough.

> (3) Alt-F4 does not toggle between run and last-grabbed-spot
> frequencies.
>
> Worked fine for me last time I tried it.

It works the way *you* expect it to work. It does *not* work the way
it does in CT, as the item says. The issue is that we cannot toggle
back-and-forth between run and last-grabbed-spot frequencies with Alt-
F4.

> (4) The mouse is required to access a specific spot in the DX-Cluster
> announcements window.
>
> [Ctrl-Up arrow]  and [Ctrl-Down arrow] can be used for point and
> shoot in the band map.

I am aware of those commands; they do not allow selecting a *specific*
spot without jumping the radio through all the intermediate spots
between the run and target frequency. That behavior is especially
deficient when the radio doesn't change frequency fast enough. Our
team much prefers the standard CT behavior, which appears to be
unimplemented in Win-Test.

  Bill, K1GQ