[WT-support] Win-Test at KC1XX

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 8 21:41:14 CET 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 11:59 AM, K1GQ <k1gq at mac.com> wrote:

> (1) Control of radio frequency when operating split is severely broken.

Can you be a little more specific?  Are you using the [-] (minus) key?

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Commands#Split_frequency

> (2) Response time in setting radio frequency is too slow.

What model of radio are you controlling?  Direct COM ports or MicroHam?
What parameters did you use in the SETUP configuration menu?  For my
FT-1000MPs connected directly to serial ports, freq. change is
instantaneous.

(3) Alt-F4 does not toggle between run and last-grabbed-spot
> frequencies.

Worked fine for me last time I tried it.  Of course you must establish a CQ
frequency first, by pressing F1.  Then you'll see a little "CQ" tag in the
band map.  Then after you grab a spot, Alt-F4 will return to that CQ
frequency.  Please indicate the exact sequence of steps that failed to work
as expected.

(4) The mouse is required to access a specific spot in the DX-Cluster
> announcements window.

[Ctrl-Up arrow]  and [Ctrl-Down arrow] can be used for point and shoot in
the band map.  See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Keys#Band_Map for other
useful key combinations.

The Band map "List View" also has very helpful sorting options.  See
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Image:WindowsBandMapListViewContextMenuSort.png