[WT-support] Win-Test at KC1XX

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 8 23:55:01 CET 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 1:59 PM, K1GQ <k1gq at mac.com> wrote:

> > (2) Response time in setting radio frequency is too slow.
> Orion, Orion II, both direct serial port connection and via
> MicroKEYER, Windows XP Pro.

What version of firmware are you running on these Orions?

According to this report by
F5VIH<http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2006-December/072688.html>,

"OII Firmware version 2.037J seems to fix precisely that issue with
incorrect baud rate."

According to the Orion II Firmware Revision
History<http://rfsquared.com/file_download/112>
:

Version 2.037J:
Modified the Serial Port Baud Rate Timing for more accurate 57600 Baud Rate.

According to the Orion I v2 Firmware Revision
History<http://rfsquared.com/file_download/115>
:

Version 2.062a
Corrected serial port VFO update routine resulting in display not being
updated when changed

According to the Orion I Firmware Revision
History<http://rfsquared.com/file_download/73>
:

06/09/04 Version 1.371
- Reduced Sub-Receiver meter update rate. Was causing slow serial port
response.
- Eliminated secondary responses from serial command handler.

11/30/04 Version 1.372
- Fixed bug in serial control for NR on sub-receiver.
- Fixed serial control of Sub-Receiver PBT setting.
- Modified MODE change code to correct serial filter selection problem.
- Fixed bug in Serial Tuning routines cuasing Sub-Rx crashes.

Clearly the Orion firmware has dealt with a number of serial port issues
over the years.  Hard to tell if that's the issue, but it's worth a try.

If the Orion II's baud rate isn't truly 57600, that could certainly be a
problem.