[WT-support] WT 3.15: Notes file (.NOT) never written to disk? All notes lost?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 13 22:28:19 CEST 2007

On 8/13/07, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> After tracing the code, it appears that if you disable the note oubound
> protocol in the network advanced settings, the note was not saved in the
> local .not file, whether networking was enabled or not. Please, check
> this advanced setting.

Yes, that must be it.  I was single-op, so I only wanted the minimum setting
required to get wtDxTelnet to work locally.  I didn't really know what to
check, so I used the [Packet sharing only] button in the
dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Ethernet>.
That disabled the Outbound Notes protocol, as you suspected.

Question:  what setting should be used when you're single op. / assisted,
with no other computers on the network, and you just want run wtDxTelnet
locally and minimize other all Ethernet traffic?

FYI, it is fixed now in my dvpt trunk, so this setting doesn't interfere
> with the note storage in the local .not file.

Thanks for looking into it Larry!  Sounds good.