[WT-support] WT 3.15: Notes file (.NOT) never written to disk? All notes lost?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 13 23:05:47 CEST 2007

Hi Bob

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> Yes, that must be it.  I was single-op, so I only wanted the minimum
> setting required to get wtDxTelnet to work locally.  I didn't really
> know what to check, so I used the [Packet sharing only] button in the
> dialog <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Ethernet>.  That
> disabled the Outbound Notes protocol, as you suspected.
>
> Question:  what setting should be used when you're single op. /
> assisted, with no other computers on the network, and you just want run
> wtDxTelnet locally and minimize other all Ethernet traffic?

The advanced network settings modification is only required for special
uses, in multi-op configuration. The one you selected allows different
machines to use their own log, but with a common packet gateway. It can
be used during a DXPed, for example.

If you are single-op (assisted), just use the default settings. I guess
both applications (WT and WtDxTelnet) are running on the same computer ?
If so, use the 127.255.255.255 as IP broadcast address for both apps.
The whole WT network traffic (few bytes per second, actually !) will be
then kept "inside" this machine.