[WT-support] Swap VFO A/B command?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 9 23:39:24 CEST 2007

I know that Ctrl-S and the SWAP command will swap VFOs between two radios
(SO2R).

But is there any way to get Win-Test to swap VFO A and B on the same
radio (swap
VFO with SUB VFO), like pressing the [A<>B] button on the rig?  I could not
find anything in the docs.

This would be useful in at least two situations:

   1. SO-A with one radio:
      1. You are running stations on CW (CQing)
      2. A new mult. is spotted (perhaps on SSB)
      3. Right click on band map and select "Pass frequency to Sub
      VFO"
      4. When the timing is just right, swap VFO A/B
      5. Work the mult.
      6. Swap VFO A/B and resume running
      7. (Maybe there is an easier way to do this already; I almost
      never use spotting)
      2. NA Sprint, EU Sprint and NCCC Sprint:
      1. Call CQ on VFO A
      2. Work a station.  You must now QSY +/- 5 kHz minimum to call
      CQ again (NA Sprint rules)
      3. Press Swap VFO A/B to quickly QSY to a frequency at last 5
      kHz away
      4. If freq. clear, call CQ again.  If not, work someone and then
      call CQ (you get the freq.)
      5. Log QSO(s)
      6. Press Swap VFO A/B to quickly QSY back to the first
      frequency, from step 1, where there will be a new station to work now
      (hopefully).
      7. Repeat.

Too bad Ctrl-S, Alt-S, [>], and [<] are already in use.  Win-Test is running
out of hot keys! :-)

Maybe Shift-[Right Arrow] and Shift-[Left Arrow] and a SWAPAB command could
be used for Swap VFO A/B?

A new message variable like $SWAPAB would also be nice.  One could add it to
the [+] key in the Sprints, like this:

[+]:  $CORRECT TU $CR $SWAPAB

Of course Win-Test must send the "TU" and log the QSO, before swapping the
VFOs!

Would anyone else like to see a swap VFO A/B feature in Win-Test?