[WT-support] Fw: SWAP (Ctrl-S) command for SO2R

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Fri Aug 3 12:06:48 CEST 2007

SM6CNN wrotte:

>> To my knowledges, the AF command gets the filter bandwidth lost (or
>> initialized). This is why WT asks for the current bandwidth filter
>> before sending the AF command, in order to configure the filter again
>> after the frequency change.
>
> The *AF command does nothing to the bandwith.

This is what we could expect but it it not true, but if Tentec fixed
that in the firmware! The problem was first reported by W5GN, and fixed
in WT version 2.7.0 (Feb 7, 2005).

You can try with WT version 2.5.2
(http://download.win-test.com/wt-2.5.2.exe): set the filter to a custom
value on the radio, then enter whatever frequency in the callsign field
and validate. The radio will move to that frequency but the custom
filter setting will be lost and revert to a default one. At least with
the 2005 firmware of the Orion...

> There must be one *AF command and one *BF command to change both VFOs.
> There are in fact two *AF commands. Changing KVABA to KVBAB does not
> mean that the first *AF command goes to VFO B. This is the real issue as
> I see it.

Ok Andy, I just missed that! That means that Orion II is also quite
eligeable for the "Pass to Sub VFO" bandmap feature.

Thanks and 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn