[WT-support] Fw: SWAP (Ctrl-S) command for SO2R

SM6CNN sm6cnn at telia.com
Fri Aug 3 10:28:18 CEST 2007

Thanks for helping out Olivier,
My comments below

Olivier F5MZN wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> Here are my comments:
>
> SM6CNN wrotte:
>
>> The Ctrl-S command to the Orion is in my opinion wrong:
>>
>> *KVBAB  why? it should not be changed from KVABA
>
> This is to set the frequency into VFO B. I understood that you don't
> need that, but some others do.

You do not need to change the VFO allocation to set the frequency of VFO
B. The *BF command is enough.

>> ?RMF  why ask for filter bandwith?
>
> To my knowledges, the AF command gets the filter bandwidth lost (or
> initialized). This is why WT asks for the current bandwidth filter
> before sending the AF command, in order to configure the filter again
> after the frequency change.

The *AF command does nothing to the bandwith.

>> *AF21025000 this is the wrong frequency (=VFO B of the MP)
>
> VFOB frequency is sent to VFO B. So far so good, no?

No, The VFO B frequency of radio 2 is sent to VFO A of radio 1, wrong..
This command should be *BF21025000 instead.

>> *RMM2 why set mode?
>
> Because the radio should be in a different mode (at least LSB versus USB).

OK

>> *KVABA OK, but why was it changed to KVBAB?
>> ?RMF  why ask again for filter bandwith?
>> *AF14015000 OK, at last the correct frequency
>> *RMM2 why set mode again?
>> *RMM2 why set mode again?
>
> Right, mode should not be send twice. I have fixed this in my devel
> trunk but I hope that won't cause any side effects around.
>
>> *KVABA unnecessary, this is what it was alreeady
>
> That command is actually sent to switch off the Split mode, if any. Most
> radios have a specific command to switch the Split mode on or off. This
> is not the case with the Orion, but I prefer to leave this as is because
> it doesn't matter to send it twice on the radio side.
>
>> @RMF250 filter bandwith is returned
>> @RMF250 filter bandwith is returned
>
> Well, this is the only real problem I can see there: the @RMF commands
> are received after the battle... and we will potentialy loose the Filter
> Bandwidth of the VFO B.
>
>> I believe that all these commands are causing a timing problem and in my
>> opinion only one command should be sent to the Orion i.e.
>> *AF(VFOA of secondary radio)
>
> Indeed, my guess is that we are facing to a timing issue. I can try to
> introduce some delays in order to avoid the radio to be stressed by too
> much commands received at once.
>
> Hw?
>
> 73,

There must be one *AF command and one *BF command to change both VFOs.
There are in fact two *AF commands. Changing KVABA to KVBAB does not
mean that the first *AF command goes to VFO B. This is the real issue as
I see it.

73
Andy SM6CNN