[WT-support] Fw: SWAP (Ctrl-S) command for SO2R

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Fri Aug 3 08:29:57 CEST 2007

Hello Andy,

Here are my comments:

SM6CNN wrotte:

> The Ctrl-S command to the Orion is in my opinion wrong:
>
> *KVBAB  why? it should not be changed from KVABA

This is to set the frequency into VFO B. I understood that you don't
need that, but some others do.

> ?RMF  why ask for filter bandwith?

To my knowledges, the AF command gets the filter bandwidth lost (or
initialized). This is why WT asks for the current bandwidth filter
before sending the AF command, in order to configure the filter again
after the frequency change.

> *AF21025000 this is the wrong frequency (=VFO B of the MP)

VFOB frequency is sent to VFO B. So far so good, no?

> *RMM2 why set mode?

Because the radio should be in a different mode (at least LSB versus USB).

> *KVABA OK, but why was it changed to KVBAB?
> ?RMF  why ask again for filter bandwith?
> *AF14015000 OK, at last the correct frequency
> *RMM2 why set mode again?
> *RMM2 why set mode again?

Right, mode should not be send twice. I have fixed this in my devel
trunk but I hope that won't cause any side effects around.

> *KVABA unnecessary, this is what it was alreeady

That command is actually sent to switch off the Split mode, if any. Most
radios have a specific command to switch the Split mode on or off. This
is not the case with the Orion, but I prefer to leave this as is because
it doesn't matter to send it twice on the radio side.

> @RMF250 filter bandwith is returned
> @RMF250 filter bandwith is returned

Well, this is the only real problem I can see there: the @RMF commands
are received after the battle... and we will potentialy loose the Filter
Bandwidth of the VFO B.

> I believe that all these commands are causing a timing problem and in my
> opinion only one command should be sent to the Orion i.e.
> *AF(VFOA of secondary radio)

Indeed, my guess is that we are facing to a timing issue. I can try to
introduce some delays in order to avoid the radio to be stressed by too
much commands received at once.

Hw?

Olivier / f5mzn