[WT-support] WT2livescore first public release V0.2c

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:06:26 CEST 2006

Hi Gerry

I have nothing against livescores, on the contrary. I think it will give
Contesting the lost sporting dimension - knowing what your competitor is
doing.
Also I think it will provide visibility to our great sport.

I followed with great interest and enthusiasm the live score boards
available for the last two WRTC. But threre are big differences. WRTC
scoreboard was a scoreboard to the outside public, the competitors could not
watch it. Your scoreboard is open to anyone. With live scoreboard,
contesting is a different game. A game I will play when my competitors
play...otherwise it will not be the same game.

There are some scoreboards (VHF) that publish the entire log, live, with
frequencies. For me this is like opening a can of worms, because it's just
like self spotting on packet. If it's just score/breakdown information then
I'm all for it.

Live scoreboards is a journey, and I guess these are just the first steps.

but anyway this is a discussion for a scoreboard forum...

Good luck with scoreboard!

73
José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh