[WT-support] Bugs and Wishes for Win-Test 3.6.2

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Mon Nov 27 20:37:40 CET 2006

Hi Larry,

>> 2. AFTER Logging press ALT-F3 to spot this QSO
>> 3. The QSO (the line already in the log, not the normal log
>>   edit line) will be cleared.
>> [...]
>
> Already fixed in our dvpt trunk by Olivier during the
> CQWW CW @ TM2Y ;-) One hand on the VFO, the other one on
> the compiler's keyboard ;-)

You two are real crazy guys, are you?

did you do some tests how the qso rate changes while compiling?

:) great work :)

>> 1. Click on any spot in the Radio window (bandmap).
>> 2. Check partial window and N+1 Window will NOT be
>>   updated.
>
> I also noticed this while operating. We'll check it.

fine. thanks.

>> Feature Request:
>> The bandwith of the 7 MHz CW area in the default Bandmap is
>> too small
>> [...]
>> maybe we should point this clearly out @ docs.win-test.com.
>
> Actually, we wanted a more flexible waqy to do it, and we implemented
> the bandplans. You can set up to 9 different bandplans, and "attach"
> one of them to your log, depending on the mode, the contest type etc...

yes, this is the bandplans, but maybe there should be two default
bandplans in the installation: default, (as is), and
another that is more or even complete open.

because of that I have the question above: maybe it should be
more clearly @docs.win-test.com.

>> it has been this spot:
>>
>>  7052.0  ZL3WW       26-Nov-2006 1614Z  QSX 3514.10
>>
>> I think it should not be possible to set the TRX
>> on Cross-Band split by clicking on a spot.
>
> Noted. I just wonder what to do with this type of spot ? ;-)
> Assume no split ?

I guess "no split" would be best.
The other way would be a popup window with warnings,
but
1) I hate popups
2) warnings tend to be clicked away without reading
3) an in contest pileups - who knows.

>> Fature Request (very low prio, but maybe a nice to have for rookies):
>> [...]
>> Could you implement showing the QSO points into the QSO line,
>> e.g. as (3), so that one could see how many points this qso
>> would count?
>
> I guess you mean "the points you will get if you work (= enter)
> him", right ? Noted.

yes.

best 73s and keep on that good work!

Werner DL4NER.