[WT-support] WT in CQWW

Patrick Egloff pegloff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:51:30 CET 2006

Hi, you WinTest fans,

Just to inform you that during this CQWW CW contest, i used my old Compaq
Armada laptop running W98 and 80 Mbyte RAM. (yes, 80 Mb)

I used WT 3.6.1with internal CW keying via Com port, no transceiver control
nor packet or so. I have no USB...

In spite of this small computer, i did not have a single glitch during all
contest, and i finished with close to 4400 qso ! No noticeable performance
deteroration, no bad CW keying.
I would not try this with any other contest software !

Ony small problem i noticed, when you are on the empty logging line, and hit
the + key, WT sends some strange signs, ( often 9 ) before the ++TU--
callisgn.
Back home, i could not reproduce this after restarting the computer..

Hats off Olivier and Laurent !!

73, Patrick

--
Patrick Egloff - TK5EP