[WT-support] Spots Warning-->"Warn When I'm Spotted"

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Nov 23 10:39:05 CET 2006

Hi !

Dave Zeph a écrit :

> Tonight I sent out some Test Spots of “K3LR.”  “K3LR” was displayed in
> GRAY & ITALIC in the BandMap, but “K3LR” was NOT added to the
> ANOUNCEMENTS Window.

As a QSO with yourself is not "valid", it is displayed only on the
bandmap, and in italic Grey color by default (color of Dupes & Invalid
callsigns). But, usually, it is quickly replaced in the bandmap by the
callsign of the first Q you enter as runner.

> I  >>think<<  that   “Warn When I’m Spotted”   is supposed to control
> whether a Spot of the Station Callsign is displayed immediately
> underneath the Log entry area.  However Spots arrive so fast during
> Contests that this can easily be missed.  A longer lasting type of
> display of the Station Callsign is preferable.

The _ONLY_ prupose of "Warn when I'm spotted" is indeed to show it on
the bottom of the log and warn the op a big pile is coming ;-) It is
displayed during few seconds only, sometimes less if another information
needs to be displayed (much more important than your ego in terms of
score - it is the only purpose of the contest after all). If you want to
limit the amount of data displayed in this place, set it to display
mults only, and/or your current band (this will not affect the display
when you're spotted).

There is no other purpose to this feature, as you normally know where
you are on the band (well, I hope so...) and the others ops of your team
too (they just have to look the Alt-J wnd).