[WT-support] Spots Warning-->"Warn When I'm Spotted"

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Thu Nov 23 07:44:41 CET 2006

Hi Larry and Olivier .. We have a question about how "Warn When I'm Spotted"
should work - and a small enhancement request.

Tonight I sent out some Test Spots of "K3LR."  "K3LR" was displayed in GRAY
& ITALIC in the BandMap, but "K3LR" was NOT added to the ANOUNCEMENTS
Window.

Spots of other US Stations were displayed in RED, GREEN, BLUE, or BLACK
depending on the type of multiplier they represented.

I could not determine what "Color Type" was associated with "K3LR".  It
looked "Gray", but I could not change the color.

The reason for my question is that it didn't seem to make any difference
whether "Warn When I'm Spotted" was ENABLED or DISABLED.  K3LR was always
added to the BandMap (and not the Announcements Window) in Grey - Italic.
Since we couldn't see any change, we aren't sure what is SUPPOSED to happen.

I  >>think<<  that   "Warn When I'm Spotted"   is supposed to control
whether a Spot of the Station Callsign is displayed immediately underneath
the Log entry area.  However Spots arrive so fast during Contests that this
can easily be missed.  A longer lasting type of display of the Station
Callsign is preferable.

With the current software release, Spots of other US Callsigns are added to
both the BandMap and Announcements Windows - in the appropriate color (which
quickly becomes BLACK!).

What we'd like to see changed is:

1)     When "Warn When I'm Spotted" is ENABLED, that Spots of the Station
Call be displayed like any other Spot - in BOTH the BandMap and the
Announcements Windows.

2)     The addition of a separate COLOR TYPE choice for the STATION CALLSIGN
so it would be added to the BandMap and Announcements Windows in a UNIQUE
COLOR and in ITALICS.

3)     Alternatively - if 1) & 2) above are too difficult - then when "Warn
When I'm Spotted" is DISABLED, add Spots of the Station Callsign to both the
BandMap and the Announcements Windows just as you would any other Spot.

Thanks and 73 ... Dave, W9ZRX