[WT-support] wtDX Telenet status update?

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Nov 9 22:17:47 CET 2006

Hello Peter,

> As said before at PI4CC we have similar problems with DXtelnet.
>
> This evening I installed  a fresh win-test 3.5.0 at home on a second
> computer with xp-prof and wtdxtelnet 2.0
> On that computer I have loaded the cqwwssb contest with 1902 qso's
> Make the connection with the  dx-cluster and see spots coming in
>
> Run down to the livingroom and update the win-test 3.3 version to 3.5.0
> Start wintest and try to reach the cluster via win-test and its get spots
> Then I mark out disable log sychronization I got the full log from the
> other PC
>
> Got the 1902 qso's and guess..... no commands can't send anymore to the
> cluster.
> Spots still roling in.
>
> When back to the pc with wtdxtelnet and via alt-t there in NO commands
> sening out. A command direct into wtdxtelnet  gives an output.
>
> So just  (un)lucky?

Sadly yes, probably! :( I have tried to repeat exactly the same
configuration here several time with our CQWW log (>8000 Qs) and I still
have access to the cluster.

If you still have your setup ready, can you try to start a second
wtDxTelnet instance? Don't connect to anywhere, just try to send
anything from WT (Alt+T): you should get a "Syntax error" back from the
second instance. You can then close the second wtDxTelnet.

You can also try to disconnect the cluster on the first instance, then
try to send anything in ALT+T again and see if you receive back a
"syntax error". I guess you should not...

I have no further test to suggest for now. Are you able to repeat the
problem several time?

Many thanks!

Olivier / f5mzn