[WT-support] wtDX Telenet status update?

Peter pc2a at pi4cc.nl
Fri Nov 10 11:22:08 CET 2006

Olivier F5MZN schreef:
> Hello Peter,
>
>> As said before at PI4CC we have similar problems with DXtelnet.
>>
>> This evening I installed  a fresh win-test 3.5.0 at home on a second
>> computer with xp-prof and wtdxtelnet 2.0
>> On that computer I have loaded the cqwwssb contest with 1902 qso's
>> Make the connection with the  dx-cluster and see spots coming in
>>
>> Run down to the livingroom and update the win-test 3.3 version to 3.5.0
>> Start wintest and try to reach the cluster via win-test and its get
>> spots
>> Then I mark out disable log sychronization I got the full log from
>> the other PC
>>
>> Got the 1902 qso's and guess..... no commands can't send anymore to
>> the cluster.
>> Spots still roling in.
>>
>> When back to the pc with wtdxtelnet and via alt-t there in NO
>> commands sening out. A command direct into wtdxtelnet  gives an output.
>>
>> So just  (un)lucky?
>
> Sadly yes, probably! :( I have tried to repeat exactly the same
> configuration here several time with our CQWW log (>8000 Qs) and I
> still have access to the cluster.
>
> If you still have your setup ready, can you try to start a second
> wtDxTelnet instance? Don't connect to anywhere, just try to send
> anything from WT (Alt+T): you should get a "Syntax error" back from
> the second instance. You can then close the second wtDxTelnet.
Yes the second wtdx telnet does respond with syntax error

> You can also try to disconnect the cluster on the first instance, then
> try to send anything in ALT+T again and see if you receive back a
> "syntax error". I guess you should not...

Indeed no repsonce from the first wtdxtelnet window
> I have no further test to suggest for now. Are you able to repeat the
> problem several time?
>
> Many thanks!

Did the same logsysnc 3 times again but it works after.

During the log sync I send several commands via alt-t to the cluster Did
sh/dx/100 and dir/100. De sh/dx/100 gives about 50 spots and stopped. I
never saw the output of sh/dx/100.
After the logsync the cluster responded normal via alt-t

I left the keyboard for 30 minutes and then the PC with wtdxtelnet
doesn't send commands any more via alt-t
Did the test per above again with same result.
Restart wtdxtelnet solved the communication.

So its not able to get the problem on the same way, but still able to
create it

peter