[WT-support] Notes after CQWW SSB

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Nov 5 21:28:51 CET 2006

HRS I4UFH wrote:
> Hi Toni and fellows
>
>>> - With EZM if I have footswich (PTT) turned on and I press some
>>> F-key memory, PTT will stuck on. It'll release while using footswich
>>> again. This happends for example in cases if I come back to some
>>> station and want to send 5914 message with INS key.
>
>> Waiting for Fabio's comments on this.
>

> This is a feature even a problem, the problem is that WT send the PTT
> command even the FootSwitch is pressed. I think it could be avoided simply
> checking if the footswich is pressed or not and don't sending PTT comman

WT does not send PTT in any of these cases. The footswitch is connected
to the EZMaster, and the Voice Keyer is build in.

I don't have my EZMaster under hand to confirm what Toni reported but I
remember that I have been annoyed during various SBB contests when using
the EZM Voice Keyer with the footswitch ON.

IMHO, both *must* be independant (output must be like a logic OR between
both PTTs).

Olivier / f5mzn