[WT-support] networking wintest via internet

Simon Pearson simon at attenuate.org
Tue Mar 14 17:34:35 CET 2006

> > Any news for networking over internet?

[...]

> > I will be interested even just to be used by
> > two stations (one in CW and the other in SSB for
> > instance) in a mix contest.

[...]

> We do not privide this program public yet because we are worried about
> the possible diversions that could be made by guys who would like to use
> a such "wide area network" of stations located in various QTHs to take
> advantages (cheating?) in a contest.

I couldn't agree more. Why is the aforementioned scenario not achievable
using some sort of LAN?

Furthermore, such a system could be achieved using a VPN, which is
basically what I2WIJ explained in his previous email anyway. There is
plenty of VPN software available for use on Windows (isn't it achievable
natively in WinXP?).

Also, going yet further, this is simply wasting time coding such
functionality into Win-Test which could be spent on more important
[multi-op] issues (IMO); especially as such a system could be achieved
using VPNs.

Just my 2 pence worth. :)

Simon Pearson, M0CLW