[WT-support] New Computer: Win-Test crashes

Büttner, Bernhard, FCI1 bernhard.buettner at eads.com
Mon Mar 6 09:47:55 CET 2006

Dear WT authors,

I have a new WinXP machine (actually a DELL D410 notebook with WinXP Professional v2002 SP2, 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM) which I wanted to use with Win-Test. I have installed Win-Test on several machines so it's nothing new.

I can start the program fine. When I try to create a new file, I get into the setup window, and after filling in all the contest information, I press OK and the program crashes with the following message:

	Die Anweisung in "0x7c928fea" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000010". Der Vorgang "written" konnte
	nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

	Klicken Sie auf OK, um das Programm zu beenden.
	Klicken Sie auf Abbrechen, um das Programm zu debuggen.

The same happens when I try to load a file that is already there. No matter what contest I select, the crash is identical.
This happens with versions 2.28, 2.27 and 2.25. I have used 2.25 on this computer sucessfully before.

What I tried to fix the problem:

- downgrade to older WT versions (2.27 and 2.25)
- de-install WT completely and do a new install

Nothing helped, no change.

This notebook is being used for business applications so some changes to the system may have been introduced over the last weeks. But maybe you can point me in the right direction.

vy 73 de DL6RAI/QRL