[WT-support] New Computer: Win-Test crashes

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 6 10:21:43 CET 2006

Hi Ben

Büttner a écrit :

> I can start the program fine. When I try to create a new file, I get into the setup window, and after filling in all the contest information, I press OK and the program crashes with the following message:

(snip)

Wow... Very unusual situation !

> - downgrade to older WT versions (2.27 and 2.25)
> - de-install WT completely and do a new install
>
> Nothing helped, no change.

Mmmmm... Even worse :-(

Some tests and questions :

1/ Once WT is started, could you please check the Interfaces
configuration in the Options menu, before creating or opening a file ?
Maybe there is smth wrong in it (TBH, a fresh install should have
everything disabled, but who knows ?). Try to disable everything
(especially the network, voice keyer, etc...), and if it works, enable
your interfaces step by step.

2/ Pse confirm it does crash *right after* the "OK" in the contest
settings dlg. Meaning, no database loading etc...

3/ Is DLPORTIO.SYS installed ?

4/ Did you install WT with the admin rights ? And do you start it with
the admin rights ?

Hope this helps !