[WT-support] Type ahead window

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Tue Jun 13 22:34:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Imagine you type one character slow then all you have to do is hit the
> insert before the last letter of the call and then after it starts
> transmitting you type the last letter.
>
> Not confortable? then instead of waiting for the last letter do it after the
> perfix
> Type prefix at the same time the caller is sending the CW, hit insert (after
> the end of the call) and then type the suffix.

that exact is the problem.

if I hit "INSERT" after typing DL4 into the callsign field, win-test starts CW,
and while giving "DL4" I type "NER", but win-test sometimes won't send "NER".

Win-test seems to "give up" too early instead of searching
for more typed letters.

maybe it is my setup here, using an old Pentium-233MMX Laptop
with Win2K installed, with an W5XD-Keyer from my Writelog Setup.
But as I remember, Writelog did it correctly with the same setup,
so I suppose, it is caused by the software that cannot believe
that I'd be so slow with typing the "NER" while it is already
sending the "4" of "DL4".

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier