[WT-support] CW Keyer via USB

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jul 12 13:44:26 CEST 2006

Hi Filipe

Filipe Lopes a écrit :

> from now on I will use my Laptop for contesing (ACER 4001WLMi) the only
> problem is that it does not have any RS232 port! only 3 USB ports! I
> tryed rig control with USB-COM converter and it works OK, my only
> problem is CW, does the USB-COM converter work with my keyer(25pins to
> jack)?
>
> I havent tryed it yet because i donno how to set the converter to work
> as LPT!

If your converter is fully compatible with RS 232, you just have to set
on which pin you want the CW to be output (DTR or RTS) in the serial
port setting in the WT Interface setup dlg. Unfortunately, not all USB /
serial converters are compatible.

FYI, MicroHam USB converters are fully compatible with WT. We don't have
any connection with MicroHam, but we are using many of their products @
FY5KE and are very satisfied.