[WT-support] wintest two instances

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Jul 5 19:06:58 CEST 2006

VE2RYY wrote:
> Hello Group.
> I am testing wintest vers 3 with two instances of WT on the same
> computer...and two monitors
> Both instances are on the same log.....
> I have one question..
> when I log a call in the instance nr1, i cannot see this call entered on
> the second instance.
> When I close the second instance, an d I do reopen it, of course I see
> the call I have logged on the other instance....
> I would like to know if it is possible to make both instances see what
> is logged on the first or the second instances????without closing and
> reopening ....

Hi Noël,

You sould not open both instances on the same log (ie use different file
name of each ionstance).

If you want to share the logged QSO between different instances (or even
computers), you just have to enable networking (menu Options | Interface
configuration). For two instances on the same computer, use
127.255.255.255 as broadcast address (this will work as soon as you
don't want to have different computers in the network).

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn