[WT-support] Win-Test in RSGB AFS Contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jan 9 00:05:40 CET 2006

Hi again

g4irn at ntlworld.com a écrit :

> Although I got my example the wrong way round, the documentation states
> 'Half abbreviated : leading zeros are replaced by T. ' and gives the example
> of QSO no. 10 being sent as T10 - i.e. there is a mix of abbreviation and
> full sending of zero. Surely, this is what HALF abbreviation means? Maybe
> the documentation is incorrect? Or am I missing something?

I re-checked the docs and the code, and you're right. This part of the
code has been modified someday after writing the doc, and no one noticed
this incorrect behaviour. Maybe because most of us use the full (or pro)
abbrev.

So, we will stick to the doc. It's easier to modify code, and like you
said, it makes sense to call it "half abbreviated". It's now fixed in my
dvpt trunk. It will be OK in the next official release.

Tnx for your insistence.

[FR] Quoter correctement : http://multiples.free.fr/tech/quoter.html
[EN] Of proper quoting : http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html
[DE] Wie zitiere ich : http://learn.to/quote/