[WT-support] Win-Test in RSGB AFS Contest

g4irn at ntlworld.com g4irn at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 9 18:47:40 CET 2006

Hi Oliver.

To answer your questions:

>> 1) When I started a new log, VFO-A frequency was not tracking tha radio. VFO-B was OK. I typed '80' onto the command line and then the software display started to follow the radio. (Don't ask what gave me the inspiration to do that; I don't know!).

Which radio is it, John?

---->>  Radio is FT1000MP Mk5 Field.
Settingsd are 4800,8,None,2. DTR=A/Radio RTS=A/Radio

>> 3)I kept the exchange messages more or less as default for the contest, including the faster '5NN' report when pressing the Ins key. However, on some occasions, the serial number was also sent at faster speed i.e. the '--' command after the $RST was ignored. The fault occurred a number of times but I could not recreate it at will. It occurred with both the Ins key and the F2 key; it also occurred a few times when I pressed the + key: my callsign was sent at the same fast speed as the 'TU'.

I wonder if you used the internal keyer with an interface connected to
either the LPT or COM port, or if it was a external keyer such a WinKey.

Is someone else on this list noticed the same erratic behaviour?

---->> I am using Winkey with version 8 firmware - maybe the firmware level is the problem? I have a v10 chip on order.

Many thanks and 73
John,G4IRN.