[WT-support] DVK

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Dec 13 18:47:05 CET 2006

Hi all

G3SJJ a écrit :

> It might be useful Tonno, but it is not good practice to deliberately
> transmit over someone else when there is no need to! Unless of course
> you tune around the band to find a clear frequency, but that negates
> Larry's idea of saving time!

I think (well, I'm sure...) you misunderstood what I meant.

By "on the fly", I mean "while you're running".

Instead of recording your CQ on a clear frequency (you have to find one
in all cases...) with PTT OFF, you can record it *and* you call CQ at
the same time. No wasted time.

The same applies for "Tnx, G3SJJ" or "5914". If you don't like your
recorded message, record it again while you sent it to the other
station. You will have a new message *while* you're running ! No wasted
time...

Ask José why it is important to not loosing time. No "bad operating
practice" here or such things you seem to "accuse" me ;-)  <= This is a
smiley

> If an option is going to be made available
> then Shift Fx should be Record Without Tx, and Shift Fx plus Additional
> Key should be Record With Tx, to add an element of deterent!

We also have to take account of the SO2R operating and its appropriate
shortcuts. Not easy...

> I tried another keyboard but I still have to press Escape and then Fn to
> play a message. I have looked at the mHam Router settings but can't find
> anything that would disable Escape.

 From what I understand, the microham router is not involved in that.
So, you confirm it happens EVERY TIME ?! It was my initial (and
unanswered) question.