[WT-support] After CQWW CW

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Sat Dec 2 20:41:10 CET 2006

Thanks Olivier, will try to keep the postings short!:)

1. I think resetting the AUTOSEND counter after "/" sign is a great novel idea! I would like it this way, if nobody is against them let's do it!

2. Not sure what you mean by "checkbox somewhere?" - You mean one shortcut could be activated for different functions according to user preference? Would be fine for sure. But so far many CTRL shortcuts are still free as it seems to me..

3. TAIL ENDING. Well, this is TR feature and very handy in CW pilups when you are able to copy two callsigns at once. Actually it works in TR this way that you have one special TAIL END KEY that you can use to confirm QSO. In that case the QSO is logged and TAIL END MESSAGE defined by you is sent and the program will go to state where you can type directly from keyboard the other call in your head into the buffer and as you type this call during the TU message that is sent to confirm the QSO the typed call will be sent immidiately after TU without PTT being dropped. Once you have typed the call in you have to push Enter (in WT case INSERT now) to send the Exchange in the usual way.

So I was thinking that in WT case I would need a $ command that would activate ALT-K in the message. Only difference to usual ALT-K mode is that it drops after all entered characters are sent. I would imagine a message like: $CORRECT++++TU----$CR $KEY for example. This ALT-K mode would have to drop then after transmitting all the buffer. If INSERT is pressed during transmittion then it is sent right after the buffer.

Then we can also create message: PSE QSY $KEY for example to send QSY request to specific frequency. While the PSE QSY text is being sent you type in the frequency and this gets sent right after PSE QSY and the ALT-K mode is dropped when buffer is empty.

Sorry for long exlanation, I hope you see what I mean. It is a useful feature for pile-up operator that you really start liking after getting used to it start to try coping more than one callsign at a time from pile up.

4. Thanks for thinking about shortcuts to additional messages and $NRPLUS1 and $NRMINUS1 commands!

5. EXCHANGE FREQUENCY WITH command. I understand it is for two-computer network. Actually I have never put more than 2 computers in the WT network - do they all show up under STATUS window as different stations?? In that case maybe a station could do a frequency swap with any station as you can currently right click on any station line and select to change frequency with this particular station!?

But if not possible for more than 2 then can you activate it again for 2 station network for M/S or M/2 or SO with 2 computers? And then use CTRL-F shortcut to run that command. Maybe if even doable in larger network then shortcut could still be for changing frequencies of STN1 and STN2 (or however the order setting logic is).

73
Tonno
ES5TV