[WT-support] After CQWW CW

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Dec 2 11:46:55 CET 2006

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY wrote:
> Hi Tonno
>
> Tõnno Vähk a écrit :
>
>> It is strange that for some reason I don't seem to get very much
>> reaction to my emails:)
>
> Be assured we read every mail posted to this list.

The problem with long emails is the time needed to read it, to reply to
it and to code the bugfixed/request.

I suggest to post shorter emails, with only 1 or 2 points in (the more
important for you) rather than 15. When we have treated these points
(implemented or delayed etc) you can then go again the next ones.

>> 1. AUTO SENDING issues.
>
> The AutoSend *itself* is an issue ;-)
>
> I let Olivier answer on this, as he has been convinced to implement it ;-)

When we have a / before the 3th or 4th character, we then reset the
counter and start couting again the characters from the /. OK?

>> 2. AUTOCQ also needs shortcut badly. I know text commands RPT and
>> NORPT but those are not for serious contester. I would recommend
>> CTRL-C (I guess the same as TR uses and very logical and well
>> positioned). It should not be difficult to introduce but would be very
>> useful!
>
> Noted. Shortcuts become a rare resource... We have to carefully choose
> how to spend them.

A checkbox somewhere?

>> 5. Tail end feature. PTT would stay on after sending TU and you can
>> enter call and push Insert right away without dropping PTT. It could
>> be just some command ($KEY) to activate ALT-K or keyboard mode in the
>> message and Insert would stop it. The same command could be used in
>> messages to send endings like frequencies etc. In TR the PTT drops
>> right after the buffer is empty (all the entered signs have been
>> transmitted).

Not understood sri.

>> 6. Shortcuts to additional messages or new messages. It is not really
>> possible efficiently to operate the ALT-C to get Additional Messages.
>> I propose to create shortcuts for Additional messages. CTRL-F1 to
>> CTRL-F12 are free exept F1, F2, F3, F9 - those could be repositioned
>> or let's use only the free ones! Another option would be to move F8 to
>> F12 keys somewhere else and create 5 more messages there!? Do we
>> really need to have F8-F10 and F11 used for activating windows, how
>> many times do you do it during the contest?? Please consider maybe
>> reallocating at least F8-F10 and create 3 more messages. Is it possible?

I'll see if it is possible to use CTRL+NUM keys or ALT+NUM keys for
that. If it is possible, it will then possible to redefine these keys by
yourself.

>> 7. Can you introduce $NRPLUS1 and $NRMINUS1 (for example) commands?
>> Those could be put in the message and would be very helpful in M/S for
>> example to send previous or next serial number.

Looks possible.

>> 8. Why EXCHANGE FREQUENCY WITH command is greyed out now although two
>> computers are networked? Can you enable it and create shortcut for it
>> like we had in WRTC? Now I guess CTRL-S shortcut is used to swap
>> frequency of two radios not between stations so the shortcut could be
>> CTRL-F!

Because it can work only with 2 computers in the network, like in WRTC.

>> 15. And finally another crazy idea. FOOTSWITCH MODE. Like TR has. If
>> it is NORMAL then everything works normally but in CW contest where
>> FOOTSWITCH is not needed for PTT it could be used for other very
>> useful purposes. For example ALT-K (send CW from keyboard) or CTRL-V
>> (hopefully to be shortcut for AUTOSEND ON/OFF:) or CTRL-ENTER or ALT-C
>> or... User could select the command itself from dropdown or direct
>> entry. Right now we use second footswitch for binding to secondary
>> Radio. Well, if this option is not used then second footswitch could
>> also be used for activating other commands.
>
> Noted but having a footswitch input becomes more difficult everyday as
> the parallel ports are less used. It then requires other forms of
> hardware interfacing.

I like this idea. Will be limited to existing hardwares, like EZMaster
and MK2R. Anyway, not a priority devel.

73 de Olivier / f5mzn