[WT-support] LPT keying and Windows XP - again

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Dec 2 12:00:39 CET 2006

Hi -

> I have searched the mailing list for a complete answer but no success. I
> can´t get the LPT keying to work.
>
> I am running W-T 3.6.2 and Windows XP. I just installed a Parallel card
> (VSCom PCI-1284) in the computer. There is no onboard card.
>
> I have installed port95nt.exe, but what to do next with it? Start C++ PortIO
> before W-T?

You have nothing to do after port95nt is installed. Win-Test will use
the DLL automatically.

> The address of the LPT is E400. Enable or disable IRQ? Port type?

Can't you change this address to a more conventional one? Look for your
card in the control panel, click properties and click on the "resource"
tab. With some hardwares (P&P), it is possible de change the address.

> ...or is the only answer buy WinKey2 from K1EL, and use an USB port?

If you cannot change the address, we will try to get WT accepting 0xE400.

73 de Olivier / f5mzn