[WT-support] experiences in rdac

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 20:31:11 CEST 2006

Hello again,

Of course I will do a retest on v3, no problem.

> > 5, It would be nice to have a mult lookup function.
> Enter the region in the callsign field and use Shift-F10.

tnx for the tip, I should have thought of it. As in CT as I
recall.

> > 6, It would be nice to include QMB management in WT
> > similarly to Writelog. That is a very neat feature to
> > improve S&P rate.
>
> OMG, WTF is QMB ??? TIA...

:)) well, as you don't own an FT-1000-MP you don't need to
know. hi QMB  stands for Quick Memory Banks or something
like this. It consists of 5 (?) easily accessible memories.
 When I do S&P and find a big pileup or someone in the
middle of the QTC exchange I don't stop just press the STO
button on the MP (right next to the main VFO) to store that
freq and go further. When I think the QTC is over I just
press the RCL (Recall) and voilá I am back there. After
getting the QSO there I press VFO/MEM exchange button and I
can continue the S&P sweep from where I stopped. I
developed this habit when the contesting SW's were not
really supporting bandmapping etc. The firmware of the MP
handles it very neatly (round-robin) and was quite
surprised to find  it well implemented in Writelog.

73, zoli ha1ag