[WT-support] experiences in rdac

f6ify f6ify at free.fr
Tue Aug 22 22:13:37 CEST 2006

> :)) well, as you don't own an FT-1000-MP you don't need to
> know. hi QMB  stands for Quick Memory Banks or something
> like this. It consists of 5 (?) easily accessible memories.
>  When I do S&P and find a big pileup or someone in the
> middle of the QTC exchange I don't stop just press the STO
> button on the MP (right next to the main VFO) to store that
> freq and go further. When I think the QTC is over I just
> press the RCL (Recall) and voilá I am back there. After
> getting the QSO there I press VFO/MEM exchange button and I
> can continue the S&P sweep from where I stopped. I
> developed this habit when the contesting SW's were not
> really supporting bandmapping etc. The firmware of the MP
> handles it very neatly (round-robin) and was quite
> surprised to find  it well implemented in Writelog.
>

> 73, zoli ha1ag

Hi Zoli and list,

    Wintest band-map is very powerful, you can just type QTC (or a call
or part of it or xxx) in the call area then ctrl+enter to store the
frequency/comment/call and continue to turn the vfo.
There is no limit of what you can store in the band-map and when you
have filled or want to go back just click on what you have written in
the band-map. You always have the complete view of the band, no time is
lost in S&P.
    Do not forget, if there is to much station in the band map, you can
change the scale with the mouse wheel or the contextual menu (right
mouse button) of the band map window. Why bother with another window
(QMB) I often pressed the wrong button (write) and zapped the frequency
and what I have written in ;-)

73 Philippe - F6IFY
Of course all above is for those they don't have a FT1000-MP as me :--))

When the dxcluster fills the band map for you it is too late!