[WT-support] experiences in rdac

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 22 19:22:30 CEST 2006

Hi Zoli

Zoli Pitman HA1AG a écrit :

> Last weekend I operated RDAC and was very pleased with WT.
> I found some issues I would like to address. If these are
> pilot errors pse let me know.

Please, make me a favor :

Download and install the latest V3.10 *in a separate directory* (ex:
Win-Test_v3) and retry your tests with this trial version. As we don't
own FT1000MP (and do not intend to correct v2 anymore), it is much more
desirable to detect bugs on the last versions.

And note that the last v2 is 2.32.1
(http://download.win-test.com/wt-2.32.1-update.exe). I know Olivier
fixed several bugs regarding the FT1000MP before the WTRC in this version.

> 4, Somewhere I have seen a switch to switch off exchange
> guessing but could not find it back. What I found a bit
> inconvenient was the feature which puts the area part of
> the calls into the first two characters of the rda field
> but the cursor stays on the first position. So I either had
> to press the right arrow twice before I could enter the
> number or I had to type the region chars anyway.

There is no way to totally disable the exchange guessing. You can just
disable the "automatic" guessing (ie for every keypress in the callsign
field), and use the guessing by the space bar (Tools / Data entry /
Exchange guessing).

Having the cursor on the first character of the "region" is intentional
because it is convenient for all cases, whether the first part of the
region is correct or not. This behaviour is consistent with all other
contests where a "region" is needed (I have the ARRL DX contest in mind).

> 5, It would be nice to have a mult lookup function. So when
> I hear SV22 I can type it in the mult field and hit space
> to trigger the check function. I could not trigger it
> anyhow except by putting a bogus call in the call field. It
> would be useful to have as this info is given in every qso
> but many ops omit to send the call after every qso so this
> feature would be useful to see if it is worth to stay.

Enter the region in the callsign field and use Shift-F10. We must use
different keys (rather than the space bar), because this behaviour must
work in all contests and we can't distinguish a "region" (or whatever)
from a partial callsign.

> 6, It would be nice to include QMB management in WT
> similarly to Writelog. That is a very neat feature to
> improve S&P rate.

OMG, WTF is QMB ??? TIA...

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=qmb&Find=Find

doesn't help !

> I used FT-1000MP with CAT, telnet clu and WT 2.29 (I will
> download v3 a bit later but I am too paranoid to switch sw
> after a major upgrade before the first few correction
> packages are out)

See the beginning of my email.

Tnx for your report.