[WT-support] experiences in rdac

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 18:55:58 CEST 2006

Hello,

Last weekend I operated RDAC and was very pleased with WT.
I found some issues I would like to address. If these are
pilot errors pse let me know.

1, When I click on a mult in the bandmap it takes the radio
 there but when I work the QSO ALT-F4 puts me to the moon
instead of back to my previously used run freq.

2, When I click on a mult in the bandmap the mode and
filters are not changed according to the mode of the spot.

3, The MP has a double stack of freq registers for each
band.   I use one for cw and the other for ssb. When I call
in a spot WT seemingly take the inactive one which will
result me having both registers on the same mode. The
workaround was to put the run freq in B-VFO and use that as
a temp register  but it was still a PIA.

4, Somewhere I have seen a switch to switch off exchange
guessing but could not find it back. What I found a bit
inconvenient was the feature which puts the area part of
the calls into the first two characters of the rda field
but the cursor stays on the first position. So I either had
to press the right arrow twice before I could enter the
number or I had to type the region chars anyway.

5, It would be nice to have a mult lookup function. So when
I hear SV22 I can type it in the mult field and hit space
to trigger the check function. I could not trigger it
anyhow except by putting a bogus call in the call field. It
would be useful to have as this info is given in every qso
but many ops omit to send the call after every qso so this
feature would be useful to see if it is worth to stay.

6, It would be nice to include QMB management in WT
similarly to Writelog. That is a very neat feature to
improve S&P rate.

I used FT-1000MP with CAT, telnet clu and WT 2.29 (I will
download v3 a bit later but I am too paranoid to switch sw
after a major upgrade before the first few correction
packages are out)

73, zoli ha1ag