[WT-support] SO2R notes after SAC CW

Toni Lindén oh2ua at luukku.com
Mon Sep 19 21:04:57 CEST 2005

Hi all!

This was my 1st 24 hour serius SO2R effort with WT in SAC (@OH2BH) .
And had to say that SW worked very well and not a single SW
failure during the contest! It wasn't that easy to get used
to it after 9 years of SO2R operating with TRLog, but I've
tooken the 1st steps ;)

This was also my 1st contest with brand new EZMaster, so
some question are also from that part. (Don't know
wich problem caused by SW and wich by EZMaster, hi)

- For some reason my EZMaster did dop the ptt line off
some times during my TX. It was just a really short time
(like 10 - 20 ms). Put long enough to see that ptt really
droped out. I found this very uncomfortable becouse NOT using
QSK amp...

- Would it be possibe to adjust the PTT keep on time? For me
the PTT on time seems to be a bit too long because many times
I missed part of the 1st letter from stations callsigns
coming back to my CQ. Is this problem with WT or EZMaster?

- I'd like to have adjustable PTT on time for keyer also.
So with CW generated from SW PTT on time could be 0 ms and
with keyer a bit more.

- From configure interface menu I can select PTT ON delay.
Is this delay only for PTT on or is it also PTT keep on
delay. If it's only PTT on delay, that's OK, but if it's
also PTT keep ON delay it shoud have own value to set.
In summary for PTT delay, it'd be great if there would be
3 PTT delays, PTT ON delay, PTT keep ON delay, and keyer PTT delay.

- Keyer speed was not working OK. In rate window the keyer
speed from EZMaster was totally out of sync. I had a feature
independent speed activated from winkey set up. Some time
my keyer used the speed set by EZMaster potentiometer,
sometimes speed from WT and sometimes speed shown in
rate window (like 48 WPM). Coudn't find any logic with speed
variation and it was not that fun to try to guess with what
speed I'd come back to someone...

- Couldn't get the 2nd footswich binds to 2nd radio feature
working. I did connect 2nd footswich to EZMaster A/B connector,
but nothing happend in WT. Shift is working just fine.

- Would it be possible to add some after contest tools
in WT. For example I'm missing ratesheet, multiplier list,
continental list, list of how many Q's / contry made on each band,
list of band changes etc.

- In SO2R advanced mode with alternative CQ when someone
came back to my CQ if I did sent an exchange before the
CQ in 2nd radio was over, the correction was sent to the
station after QSO even I did not edit the callsing. If I
waited untill the end of CQ on 2nd radio I had no problem.

- Also in alternative CQ mode I'd like to send CQ to 2nd
radio while waiting an exchange from the station, now if
I didn't write something to exchange field (or callsign field)
the new CQ was launced to the face of station working me
and audios got messed up.

Well, it wasn't that short list overall. Eventhough it's
a long list, don't get the wrong imagine about my thought
about the WT. It's just great software!

Hope to find some answers before next weekends SAC SSB.

73 de Toni, OH2UA

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku