[WT-support] Multiplier checking principle

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Sun Oct 23 16:30:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I wonder is there any news related to this one:

http://flyspray.win-test.com/?do=details&id=17

I was told that the current mult checking principle is following:
"In fact, /for the CQWW DX/, WT looks first if it can find a QSO with
the same callsign on the other bands, and if it can't find it, it looks
for the same country - resolved with the CTY_WT.DAT or the CTY.DAT file
- on the other bands (zone is irrelevant). The zone is never taken into
account for this contest in the F10 window."

I think that the needed mult (country, zone) information should be
easily available for OP. When you are having good rate, it is real hard
to check many different windows to find out if answering station is new
mult (dxcc or zone) in some other band and if you should ask him/her to
qsy. This information should be displayed very clearly for operator,
propably same way than the red text in bottom of the log. Can the
displayed red New Zone text contain all bands where that zone is new
mult like "New Mult: 160, 80, 15, 10" ?

73 Marko OH4JFN