[WT-support] Multiplier checking principle

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Oct 23 16:54:00 CEST 2005

Hi Marko

Marko Holmavuo a écrit :

> I think that the needed mult (country, zone) information should be
> easily available for OP. When you are having good rate, it is real hard
> to check many different windows to find out if answering station is new
> mult (dxcc or zone) in some other band and if you should ask him/her to
> qsy. This information should be displayed very clearly for operator,
> propably same way than the red text in bottom of the log. Can the
> displayed red New Zone text contain all bands where that zone is new
> mult like "New Mult: 160, 80, 15, 10" ?

We already are lacking space under the log lines. And in several
contests we would have to display this info for country *and* zone,
which is even worse. That's the reason (among others) why the F10 and
Alt-Z windows do exist.

I understand that having all infos in one place would be easier, but
AFAIK, *all* infos currently displayed in all different windows are
important !

We can think about another way to display the needed countries and
zones, but it also must be compliant with the other 60 contests (or so),
in all categories (I mean single mode or Mixed...) supported by
Win-Test. Not so easy !